This is an easy way to make a tasty chicken stew which can be served deliciously to your guests along with Appam, chappathi or other breads.
- Chicken – 500 gms, cut in to pieces
- Carrot – 1, chopped into cubes (optional)
- Potatoes – 2, chopped into cubes (optional)
- Big Onion – 3,
- Ginger – 2 inch piece, chopped
- Green chilli – 5
- Garam masala (whole) – clove , cinnamon , cardamom, Star anise
- Garam masala powder – 1 tea spoon
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tea spoon
- Coriander powder – 2 tea spoons
- Pepper powder – 1 tea spoon
- Coconut milk – Thick milk 1 cup and thin milk 2 cups squeezed from 1 coconut grated. (Extract thick milk from the grated coconut and repeat squeezing for thin milks, warm water can be used for easy squeezing. Please see our tips on this subject).
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Coconut oil – 2 or 3 table spoons
- Salt as required.
Cook chicken with salt, turmeric powder and pepper powder (use half quantity of the turmeric powder and pepper powder mentioned in ingredients). Cook till the chicken gets soft. In a pan heat a spoon of coconut oil and saute onion, ginger, green chilli and whole garam masala. Once onion gets transparent add rest of the turmeric powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder and pepper powder. After a minute add the cooked chicken along with its stock. Add thin coconut milk and cook till gravy becomes thick. Later add thick milk, before it boils switch off the flame and add curry leaves and coconut oil.
Carrots and potatoes can be included in this recipe. Other vegetables can also be cooked along with chicken as per your choices and taste.
Posted by Easy and Fresh
Call for Easy 'n' Fresh grated coconuts.